Activision Blizzard agrees to pay $35 million to settle workplace misconduct charges | VGC

Ireland News News

Activision Blizzard agrees to pay $35 million to settle workplace misconduct charges | VGC
Ireland Latest News,Ireland Headlines
  • 📰 VGC_News
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 57 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 26%
  • Publisher: 51%

Activision Blizzard has agreed to pay $35 million to settle a pair of charges related to complaints of workplace misconduct, the US Securities and Exchange Commission has announced

has agreed to pay $35 million to settle a pair of charges related to complaints of workplace misconduct, the US Securities and Exchange Commission announced.

In a statement released on Friday, the SEC said the Call of Duty and Warcraft publisher had previously lacked the tools and procedures necessary to adequately collect and analyse employee complaints of workplace misconduct. The government agency, which is tasked with protecting investors and maintaining fair, orderly and efficient markets, also said Activision Blizzard had broken the law by violating an SEC whistleblower protection rule.“We are pleased to have amicably resolved this matter. As the order recognizes, we have enhanced our disclosure processes with regard to workplace reporting and updated our separation contract language.

Without admitting or denying the findings, Activision Blizzard agreed to a cease-and-desist order and to pay a $35 million penalty. “The SEC’s order finds that Activision Blizzard failed to implement necessary controls to collect and review employee complaints about workplace misconduct, which left it without the means to determine whether larger issues existed that needed to be disclosed to investors,” said Jason Burt, director of the SEC’s Denver regional office.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

VGC_News /  🏆 125. in UK

Ireland Latest News, Ireland Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Activision Blizzard pays $35mn SEC settlement over workplace complaints\n\t\t\tKeep abreast of significant corporate, financial and political developments around the world.\n\t\t\tStay informed and spot emerging risks and opportunities with independent global reporting, expert\n\t\t\tcommentary and analysis you can trust.\n\t\t
Read more »

The Hogwarts Legacy launch trailer is here ahead of next week’s release | VGCThe Hogwarts Legacy launch trailer is here ahead of next week’s release | VGCWarner has published Hogwarts Legacy’s official launch trailer ahead of the game’s release next week
Read more »

WWE 2K23’s first gameplay trailer shows WarGames mode in action | VGCWWE 2K23’s first gameplay trailer shows WarGames mode in action | VGC2K Sports has released a new trailer for WWE 2K23, showing the new WarGames mode in action.
Read more »

Tomb Raider Reloaded comes to mobile later this month | VGCTomb Raider Reloaded comes to mobile later this month | VGCTomb Raider Reloaded will launch worldwide for iOS and Android this month. A version without ads and in-app purchases will also be available via Netflix
Read more »

February 2023’s PlayStation Plus Essential games have been announced | VGCFebruary 2023’s PlayStation Plus Essential games have been announced | VGCSony has officially confirmed February's PlayStation Plus Essential games, which are OlliOlli World, Mafia Definitive Edition, Evil Dead: The Game and Destiny 2: Beyond Light
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 19:06:18