Archie Battersbee’s family lose last court bid to stop withdrawal of treatment

Ireland News News

Archie Battersbee’s family lose last court bid to stop withdrawal of treatment
Ireland Latest News,Ireland Headlines
  • 📰 Daily_Record
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 36 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 18%
  • Publisher: 89%

His family said that if his life support is to be cut off they want him to be moved to a hospice

The parents of 12-year-old Archie Battersbee have lost a Supreme Court bid to block the withdrawal of his life-sustaining treatment pending a review of his case by a UN committee.

Doctors had previously said they would start withdrawing treatment from 12pm on Tuesday, but since the application has been made they were made to wait for the decision. , where he can pass away in a "peaceful" environment, the Mirror reports.Doctors treating Archie at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, east London, said he was brain-stem dead and that continued life-support treatment was not in his best interests.

On Monday afternoon, shortly after 3pm, a judge ruled the schoolboy's life support could be turned off after his family lost a last-ditch bid to keep him alive. Don't miss the latest news from around Scotland and beyond - Sign up to our daily newsletter here .

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

Daily_Record /  🏆 9. in UK

Ireland Latest News, Ireland Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Doctors to turn off Archie Battersbee’s life support today after last-minute appeal rejectedDoctors to turn off Archie Battersbee’s life support today after last-minute appeal rejectedDoctors in London are preparing to switch off the life-support treatment of Archie Battersbee later today.
Read more »

Archie Battersbee's life support to be taken away after last minute legal battle failsArchie Battersbee's life support to be taken away after last minute legal battle failsThe Court of Appeal has refused to postpone the withdrawal of life-sustaining treatment from 12-year-old Archie Battersbee beyond 12pm on Tuesday
Read more »

Archie Battersbee will have life support turned off at midday tomorrowArchie Battersbee will have life support turned off at midday tomorrowARCHIE Battersbee’s life support will be switched off at 12pm tomorrow after his parents lost their last-ditch appeal. Dad Paul Battersbee and mum Hollie Dance hoped their 12-year-old’s…
Read more »

Archie Battersbee: Last-minute hearing to be held over treatmentArchie Battersbee: Last-minute hearing to be held over treatmentThe Court of Appeal is to hold a last-minute hearing in the case of Archie Battersbee - hours before doctors are due to withdraw life support.
Read more »

Archie Battersbee: New court hearing set as boy's family fight to keep life support goingArchie Battersbee: New court hearing set as boy's family fight to keep life support goingA court hearing will take place this morning amid a legal battle over whether to withdraw life support treatment for 12-year-old Archie Battersby. His mother Hollie Dance says the last few months have been 'an emotional rollercoaster'. 📺 Sky 501
Read more »

Archie Battersbee: Last-minute hearing to be held over treatmentArchie Battersbee: Last-minute hearing to be held over treatmentThe Court of Appeal is set to consider a request to keep treating the 12-year-old while the UN examines the case.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 04:37:39