Conor Benn reportedly expected to get 'favourable' ruling in WBC drugs tests investigation
Conor Benn has reportedly already been told the outcome from one of the two investigations into his positive drugs tests.
The 26-year-old welterweight contender twice came up positive for the banned substance clomifene in two separate tests taken before his cancelled fight with Chris Eubank Jr last year.Benn tested positive for a banned substance in two separate drugs tests months apartThis is because one of Benn’s positive tests was through the WBC’s VADA Clean Boxing Program and the other was through the fight specific VADA testing separate to the WBC.
According to the boxer’s promoter Eddie Hearn, the WBC’s probe should be the one adhered to and he has in recent weeks put far less emphasis on the BBBofC/UKAD case.However, the WBC’s investigation is merely to determine whether or not Benn receives a ban from their rankings, not from boxing as a whole.are reporting that the WBC have concluded their probe and told Benn of the outcome in a conference call last week.
Ireland Latest News, Ireland Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
'I get it' - UFC star Jorge Masvidal explains why Conor McGregor refuses to fight himJorge Masvidal is one of the many fighters hoping to welcome Conor McGregor back from his lengthy injury layoff. ‘Notorious’ has been sidelined ever since he fractured his tibia and fibula while fi…
Read more »
UFC legend Conor McGregor shows off bum injury he suffered in bike crash with since-deleted explicit social media uploadConor McGregor has taken to social media to show off the injury he suffered after recently being knocked off his bike. On Friday, the Irishman revealed to his fans that he was lucky to be alive aft…
Read more »
British UFC star Arnold Allen rewarded for lengthy win streak with fight against former champion Max Holloway who has fought Conor McGregor, Dustin Poirier and Alex VolkanovskiArnold Allen is set for the biggest fight of his career when he takes on former featherweight champion Max Holloway in April. The British UFC star will headline a Fight Night alongside ‘Blessed’ on…
Read more »
Everton make £45m bid for Premier League star as Coventry tell them to pay £25m for GyokeresEverton have made a bid for Chelsea midfielder Conor Gallagher ahead of the transfer deadline, according to transfer expert Fabrizio Romano...
Read more »
Chelsea man gives clear verdict on Everton transfer after £45m bid is submitted - Newcastle also keenChelsea midfielder Conor Gallagher has reportedly indicated that he does not intend to sign for Everton after the Premier League side made an offer for him.
Read more »
Chelsea 'rebuff all approaches' for Newcastle, Everton target; Ornstein reveals Potter's plan for £45m manChelsea have reportedly 'rebuffed all approaches' that have come in for Conor Gallagher this month amid interest from Newcastle United and Everton.
Read more »