Denis O’Brien loses defamation case against Sunday Business Post

Ireland News News

Denis O’Brien loses defamation case against Sunday Business Post
Ireland Latest News,Ireland Headlines
  • 📰 IrishTimes
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 29 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 15%
  • Publisher: 98%

BREAKING: Denis O’Brien loses defamation case against Sunday Business Post

Denis O’Brien has lost his High Court action alleging he was defamed in articles published in the Sunday Business Post.Mr O’Brien, who had attended each day of the case up to the 17th day today, was not in court for the verdict.

Mr O’Brien claimed the articles, including articles headlined “22 men and €26 billion” and “The Gang of 22” wrongly meant he was among a “gang” of 22 borrowers responsible for the destruction of the Irish banking system and that they defamed him and injured his reputation. He also alleged malicious publication and, in that context, sought punitive damages.

They also found the articles did not mean, as a result of what was said about Mr O’Brien’s borrowings, the PwC report was one which he wished to keep secret or top secret and had been suppressed.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

IrishTimes /  🏆 3. in İE

Ireland Latest News, Ireland Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Jury considering its verdict in Denis O’Brien defamation caseJury considering its verdict in Denis O’Brien defamation caseDenis O’Brien is suing the publisher of Sunday Business Post over articles in 2015
Read more »

Denis O'Brien loses defamation action against SBPDenis O'Brien loses defamation action against SBPBusinessman Denis O'Brien has lost his High Court action for defamation against The Sunday Business Post.
Read more »

Denis O’Brien defamation action ‘disgraceful’ - Michael McDowellClosing arguments on behalf of businessman to begin at High Court later
Read more »

Jury in Denis O’Brien defamation case told majority verdict is an optionJury in Denis O’Brien defamation case told majority verdict is an optionJudge says at least nine of them must agree on the answers to the questions
Read more »

O’Brien defamation action deserves to be thrown out on its backside – McDowellO’Brien defamation action deserves to be thrown out on its backside – McDowellBusinessman Denis O’Brien's defamation action ‘disgraceful’, says Michael McDowell via IrishTimes
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 10:51:24