The House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol has voted unanimously to hold two men who served as advisers to then-President Donald Trump in contempt of Congress.
“He hasn’t been shy about his role in efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election and has even discussed the former President’s support for those plans,” Thompson, the committee’s Democratic chairman, said in a statement at the time.
On Thursday, Navarro called the committee vote “an unprecedented partisan assault on executive privilege," and said, ”The committee knows full well that President Trump has invoked executive privilege and it is not my privilege to waive.” In the recent report, the committee said it also has reason to believe that due to the 46-year-old's online presence, Scavino may have had advance warning about the potential for violence on Jan. 6.
“Despite all these extensions, to date, Mr. Scavino has not produced a single document, nor has he appeared for testimony,” the report stated.The committee previously voted to recommend contempt charges against longtime Trump ally Steve Bannon after he defied a congressional subpoena, as well as against Meadows after he ceased cooperating with the panel. The full House then approved both contempt referrals.and is awaiting prosecution by the Justice Department.
Ireland Latest News, Ireland Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Ex-Trump Advisers Scavino, Navarro Face Contempt Vote From Jan. 6 CommitteeThe House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol is pushing ahead with contempt charges against two men who served as advisers to President Donald Trump.
Read more »
Scavino, Navarro Face Contempt Vote From Jan. 6 CommitteeThe House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol is pushing ahead with contempt charges against two men who served as advisers to President Donald Trump
Read more »
Jan. 6 panel report makes contempt case against former Trump aides Navarro and ScavinoThe panel is due to hold a public vote tomorrow on whether to recommend the charges.
Read more »
Former Trump advisers Dan Scavino, Peter Navarro face contempt vote from Jan. 6 committeeThe House Committee will meet Monday to discuss whether to hold former Trump advisers Dan Scavino and Peter Navarro in contempt of Congress. It is likely to be approved by the Democratic-majority committee.
Read more »
Scavino, Navarro face contempt vote from Jan. 6 committeeThe House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol is pushing ahead with contempt charges against former Trump advisers Peter Navarro and Dan Scavino in response to their monthslong refusal to comply with subpoenas.
Read more »