Major emergency at Bournemouth as two struggle at same spot girl and boy drowned
The local MP, Tobias Ellwood, has criticised Dorset Police for failing to provide a clarity on the tragedy and help reassure the public that the sea is safe.
A spokesperson for the Maritime and Coastguard Agency said of the latest incident: "We responded to reports of two people in difficulties in the water at Bournemouth beach yesterday. "The alarm was raised at around 12.25pm and the coastguard search and rescue helicopter was sent from Lee-on-the-Solent.
"The response included the coastguard rescue teams from Southbourne and Poole, the RNLI's inshore lifeboat from Mudeford, Poole Bay lifeguards, Dorset Police and the South Western Ambulance Service.A spokesperson for Dorset police said: "We received a report at 12.39pm yesterday relating to two people believed to be in difficulty in the water near to Bournemouth Pier."A further report was received at 1.15pm that the individuals had been accounted for and were safe and well.
Ireland Latest News, Ireland Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
All Bournemouth boat operations suspended after drowning deaths of two kidsTHERE has been a major update in the Bournemouth double tragedy as all boat operations are suspended following the deaths of two kids. Sunnah Khan, 12, and Joe Abbess, 17, tragically died when they…
Read more »
Two women treated at scene of two-car morning smashEmergency services treated two women at the scene of a two-car collision on Tuesday morning.
Read more »
Tragic Bournemouth pair drowned in suspected riptide, inquest revealsBREAKING: An inquest has heard that two teenagers who died off Bournemouth beach drowned in a suspected riptide
Read more »
Bournemouth beach victims drowned after getting caught in possible riptide, inquest hears🔴 Two young people who died from drowning in the sea off Bournemouth beach may have been caught in a riptide, an inquest has heard
Read more »