Man with indecent images insists he is 'not a danger to children'

Ireland News News

Man with indecent images insists he is 'not a danger to children'
Ireland Latest News,Ireland Headlines
  • 📰 nottslive
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 65 sec. here
  • 3 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 29%
  • Publisher: 52%

He has been sentenced

A pervert who had hundreds of prohibited indecent cartoon images of children on devices insisted he was not a danger to children, a court heard. Police raided the home of Stephen Woolley and recovered an iPhone and external hard disk drive.

Nottingham Crown Court heard on Tuesday a total of 235 images were found - and the majority were prohibited indecent cartoon images of children. One Category A indecent photo of a child was found, one of Category B and four in Category C. Woolley, 45, of Debdale Lane, Mansfield, pleaded guilty to downloading indecent images of children and possession of prohibited images.

Woolley, who had been single for a long time, said he was attracted to girls under 18 years - not in real life but online. "He described where the photos were stored on the devices," said David Allan, prosecuting. "He said he stored images of children up to 15 years upwards. In fact they were younger than that."He said he was 'not a danger to children'".

He told Woolley in the dock: "I am told by your learned counsel that you are thoroughly ashamed of your behaviour, so you should be. Somewhere out there, they are children of people, beloved children. It is appalling they should fall prey to such degradation and humiliating behaviour". Woolley will be supervised by the probation service for two years, must go on a course to address his actions, sign the sex offenders' register and be on a sexual harm prevention order for five years.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

nottslive /  🏆 96. in UK

Ireland Latest News, Ireland Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Police appeal to identify man captured on Ring Doorbell footage after burglaryPolice appeal to identify man captured on Ring Doorbell footage after burglaryPolice appeal to identify man captured on Ring Doorbell footage after Leyland burglary
Read more »

Police hunt for man after couple attacked in York homePolice hunt for man after couple attacked in York homeThe man and woman were taken to hospital with serious injuries, North Yorkshire Police say.
Read more »

Police searching for missing mother charge man with murder as body found in parkPolice searching for missing mother charge man with murder as body found in parkA man has been charged with the murder of a young mother who has not been seen for more than a week, as police found a body in a country park.
Read more »

Man 'under the influence' calls police wrongly claiming his friend is in canalMan 'under the influence' calls police wrongly claiming his friend is in canalMan 'under the influence' calls police wrongly claiming his friend is in the Bridgewater Canal
Read more »

Police chase in Co Down 'after man seen slumped over wheel of car'Police chase in Co Down 'after man seen slumped over wheel of car'A stinger device was deployed puncturing three of his tyres, cannabis worth an estimated £40,000 was found and the man was arrested
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 16:49:36