Matthew McConaughey launches Uvalde Relief Fund for victims and their families of massacre
In a statement posted to Instagram the celebrity couple announced the launch of their Just Keep Livin' Foundation's Uvalde Relief Fund. Money donated to the Relief Fund will help support grief counseling, and help families with burial costs as well as 'other immediate and other long-term needs'.
The McConaughey's made their way to Uvalde - the actor's hometown - on Friday following the shooting to comfort the community. He had previously issued a statement calling for gun control after 19 children and two teachers were killed at Robb Elementary School on May 24. To donate to the Uvalde Relief Fund, visit
Ireland Latest News, Ireland Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Uvalde Mayor admits 'negotiator' tried to contact gunman during attackUvalde's mayor Don McLaughlin (inset) said Wednesday in a sit-down interview from the town's City Hall that a negotiator tried to contact gunman Salvador Ramos during last week's shooting.
Read more »
Chief Didn’t Know About Students’ 911 Calls During Uvalde Shooting, State Senator SaysSen. Roland Gutierrez called it a “system failure” that calls help from people inside Robb Elementary School on May 24 did not make their way to school district police Chief Pete Arredondo.
Read more »
Former Marine destroys his AR-15 and handgun in wake of Texas shootingLast week former Marine Ben Beers, 37, posted himself handing over his rifle and handgun to the Hillsboro Police Department in Oregon the day after the Robb Elementary shooting.
Read more »
Matthew Morrison DEFENDS himself against SYTYCD accusationsIn a clip, the 43-year-old entertainer, saying he had 'nothing to hide,' and recited the text message he sent to the contestant.
Read more »
‘Complete nonsense’: Asda boss mocks post-Brexit plan to return to imperial measuresTory peer Lord Rose criticises ‘backwards’ proposal as business department launches 12-week consultation
Read more »
Johnny Depp and Amber Heard Face Uncertain Career Prospects After Trial'Both of them will work again, but I think it will be a while before a major studio will consider them ‘safe’ enough to bet on,' said former entertainment lawyer Matthew Belloni.
Read more »