Second Bournemouth beach emergency near where two young people drowned

Ireland News News

Second Bournemouth beach emergency near where two young people drowned
Ireland Latest News,Ireland Headlines
  • 📰 MetroUK
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 53 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 25%
  • Publisher: 82%

It's emerged that two other people got into difficulty swimming at the exact spot on Bournemouth beach where two children drowned last week.

The rescue mission was stood down at 1.15pm, with Dorset police confirming the beachgoers were ‘safe and well’.

Shortly after the second incident, Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole council suspended all boat operations from the pier.was also impounded at its berth in Poole Harbour on Friday. Detectives are continuing to investigate the circumstances involving the 49-year-old boat, which has a capacity of 80 passengers, as well as the weather and sea conditions at the time.Meanwhile, a man in his 40s, said to be ‘on the water’ at the time of the fatal incident, was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter, but later released under investigation., Joe’s family said: ‘We are heartbroken and devastated at the death of our Joe. He was a wonderful son and brother who is sadly missed.

‘His family and friends will always love him and we are incredibly proud of the fabulous young man he was. He was kind and generous, loving and caring, hardworking and funny. ‘Joe was a talented trainee chef, with a bright future ahead of him. We were privileged to have him in our lives for 17 years and we are so sorry he will never fulfil his dreams and ambitions.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

MetroUK /  🏆 13. in UK

Ireland Latest News, Ireland Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Bournemouth beach boat operations suspended after deathsBournemouth beach boat operations suspended after deathsAll boat operations from Bournemouth Pier suspended 'as a precaution' following deaths of 12-year-old girl and teenage boy last week
Read more »

Bournemouth beach boat operations suspended after deathsBournemouth beach boat operations suspended after deathsSunnah Khan and Joe Abbess died after being pulled from the sea near Bournemouth Pier.
Read more »

Bournemouth: Person taken to hospital after reports of gas blastBournemouth: Person taken to hospital after reports of gas blastPolice, fire and ambulance crews attend the scene at a house in Bournemouth.
Read more »

All Bournemouth boat operations suspended after drowning deaths of two kidsAll Bournemouth boat operations suspended after drowning deaths of two kidsTHERE has been a major update in the Bournemouth double tragedy as all boat operations are suspended following the deaths of two kids. Sunnah Khan, 12, and Joe Abbess, 17, tragically died when they…
Read more »

Bournemouth boat sailings suspended after deaths of girl and boy, 12 and 17Bournemouth boat sailings suspended after deaths of girl and boy, 12 and 17The force said the investigation is looking at all circumstances of the incident including weather, wind conditions and the state of the water at the time
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 16:55:42