No major surprises as the 2023 SuperGT calendar is officially revealed:
Japan's top sportscar series will again visit six different tracks in 2023, namely Okayama, Fuji, Suzuka, Sugo, Autopolis and Motegi.
As per this year, Fuji and Suzuka both get two dates on the calendar, while the remaining four tracks each get one slot. Okayama will open up the campaign on April 15-16, maintaining this year's slightly later date, while Motegi keeps its place as the venue for the final round of the season on November 4-5.
Only the first Suzuka race, which has been shifted a week forward into June, and the Sugo race in September, which has been moved back a week to avoid a clash with the FIA World Endurance Championship's annual visit to Fuji, fall on different weekends to this year's schedule. Race distances have not been announced, and it remains to be seen whether the 450km format trialled this year in the two Fuji races and the August Suzuka race will be maintained.previously indicated by series chairman Masaaki BandohIt means a return to either Thailand's Buriram, last visited in 2019, or Malaysia's Sepang Circuit, which was due to be on the 2020 schedule before being called off amid the coronavirus pandemic, will have to wait until 2024 at the earliest.
Ireland Latest News, Ireland Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Fuji SUPER GT: TOM'S duo Fenestraz, Miyata take first winTOM'S Toyota pair Sacha Fenestraz and Ritomo Miyata took their first SUPER GT win in the GT500 category in Sunday's fourth round of the season at Fuji Speedway.
Read more »
Christian Horner on 2023 Formula 1 rules clarity: 'Cinderella’s already left'Red Bull team principal Christian Horner says the clock has ticked past midnight regarding the 2023 rules - and Cinderella has already left.
Read more »
Calendar revealed for 2023 IMSA SportsCar ChampionshipThe IMSA SportsCar Championship has revealed an 11-race schedule for 2023, with Indianapolis Motor Speedway’s road course coming in at the expense of Mid-Ohio and Detroit.
Read more »
WTCR wants Lynk & Co back for 2023 after sudden pulloutThe boss of the World Touring Car Cup has stated his hope that Cyan Lynk & Co will return next year, following its dramatic mid-season withdrawal over tyre safety concerns.
Read more »
SUPER GT: Nissan Z the best it's felt all year - QuintarelliNissan SUPER GT ace Ronnie Quintarelli says his NISMO Z is the best it has felt all season on Saturday at Fuji Speedway, having made use of some set-up hints from the sister NDDP Racing car.
Read more »
WTCR boss wants Cyan Lynk & Co back for 2023 after sudden pullout🗣️'Our goal now is to continue the ongoing discussions with them to reach an agreement for them to be back in the next season.' FIA_WTCR wants to see Cyan_Racing return to its series next year after its sudden withdrawal from the remainder of 2022 ⬇️
Read more »