Manchester United boss says deal with Napoli is close as Manuel Ugarte set to replace Scotland international.
MANCHESTER UNITED MANAGER Erik ten Hag admitted his feelings are “mixed” about Scott McTominay’s impending transfer to Napoli. The midfielder has travelled to Italy ahead of tonight’s 11pm deadline to complete a deal understood to be worth €30 million .
McTominay’s departure paves the way for the arrival of Manuel Ugarte from Paris St Germain and Ten Hag believes both deals are close.“We expect it , but I can’t confirm it now.”He made his senior debut for the club against Arsenal five years later and became a regular in the United squad, amassing 253 appearances. Advertisement Ten Hag admitted McTominay’s switch would present mixed feelings, but believes the transfer is necessary according to financial rules.“It’s also for us, but it is mixed because I wouldn’t prefer to lose him because he’s Manchester United in everything.“We have to discuss the rules, when you have to sell and obviously homegrown and academy players bring more value, that’s not the right thing to do. “But I think for everyone, for all parts it’s a good deal, for Scott he’s happy with it, for Napoli a very good player, but also for us.”The winger’s future at the club has been in question since falling out with the manager 12 months ago. He spent the second half of last season on loan with Borussia Dortmund before resolving his differences and returning to United. So far, Sancho’s only appearance this term has been as a substitute in the Community Shield and he has not featured in their Premier League matchday squads, with Chelsea rumoured to be interested. When asked if he expected the 24-year-old to stay at Old Trafford, Ten Hag said: “As I know, yeah. He’s playing in our squad, we’re happy with him. We need a good squad, we need depth in the squad. “We have to play many games until January. The new format of Europe, after the break we will play every third day. We need options.”Ten Hag confirmed Mason Mount will be the only absentee and provided an update on Rasmus Hojlund, who has been sidelined with a hamstring injury. “We have to see how he develops and how he can progress during the break to get match-fit,” Ten Hag said. “He returns on the pitch, but it will take a while before he’s up. He needs to also build some fitness.”
Manchester United Premier League Soccer
Ireland Latest News, Ireland Headlines
Similar News: You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Manchester United sign Matthijs de Ligt and Noussair Mazraoui from Bayern MunichThe pair previously played under Erik Ten Hag at Ajax
Read more »
Kobbie Mainoo forces Erik ten Hag to change Man Utd plan for Frenkie de JongFrenkie de Jong has been Erik ten Hag's top transfer target since becoming Manchester United manager in 2022, but the Netherlands midfielder remains a Barcelona player two years on
Read more »
Erik ten Hag and Roy Keane in awkward confrontation over Man Utd criticismManchester United left it late but kicked off their 2024-25 Premier League campaign with a season-opening win over Fulham on Friday night, and Erik ten Hag was grilled by Sky Sports' pundits
Read more »
Roy Keane gives three words of advice for Erik ten Hag to avoid criticismJoshua Zirkzee enjoyed a dream debut as the summer signing came off the bench to earn the Red Devils a late victory
Read more »
Erik ten Hag's £1bn rebuild comments highlight Man Utd's transfer failingsManchester United have spent huge sums since hiring Erik ten Hag but the Dutchman believes much more in needed before they can become the team he pictured when he arrived
Read more »
Man Utd transfer call shows Ten Hag's lack of influence after his 25-word remarkScott McTominay is set to depart Manchester United after 22 years with a fee of £25million having been agreed with Antonio Conte's Napoli
Read more »




